Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Some background information

UNANIMA Board Members
As I settled into the Catholic guest house that my community has been a part of for the past 100 years, as its Minister of Hospitality, I was asked to represent my religious community on the Board of UNANIMA International, a coalition of 17 religious congregations seeking to work with the UN on behalf of: women and children, immigrants and refugee, and the welfare of the planet.

As a UN-NGO, UNANIMA has met the standards set to be an NGO (non-government organization) and participate in the UN conferences and committees. Please check out this web site if interested in our involvement in the UN.  http://www.unanima-international.org/eng/
Two major issues UNANIMA is addressing:  TRAFFICKING AND WATER.

It is my experience as a Board member, living a short subway ride from the UN and participating in many of its activities that made me what to tell others about the work and influence of the UN.

No comments:

Post a Comment